A Short Tale of Solitude
A Short Tale of Solitude is an adventure horror game, combining exploration, puzzles and survival where the gameplay is focused on fear mechanics.
The game takes place during the Great War in the Victorian orphanage, somewhere in the Northen France. Player take on the role of Sebastien, 10 – years old boy, who after the death of his parents was sent away to this forgotten by God place, full of nightmares, and violence. Upon arrival, the boy realizes that childrens have been abandoned by adult guardians and their leader has become insane and mysterious Jonathan. Who is he? Why is he so cruel? What exactly happened to Sebastian’s parents? These are just a few questions, which answers can be deadly…
A Short Tale of Solitude heavily inspired by the Lord of the Flies and weird fiction work of H. P. Lovecraft, E. A. Poe and Stefan Grabiński mixed with 90’s horror games and movies.
- Classic survival horror mechanics.
- Monochromatic old school art style.
- A huge, explorable orphanage with surrounding areas (about 180 locations).
- Your decisions on the main quest can have long-lasting impacts on the rest of the game.
- Multiple endings and hidden extras.
- Sanity meter.
- OS: Windows XP or Later
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2.3 GHz / Intel Pentium 2.2 GHz
- Graphics: Radeon HD 4890 1024MB / GeForce 210 512MB
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 1 GB available space