This game was created based on what the community requested and asked for. What you see in the game is what the community decided on. This was a player and community driven and developed game.
About the Game
Set in the fictional Eastern European country of Ghulovka, amidst a terrible civil war, Affliction allows players to take on the role of Vasya, a patient plagued by nightmares and fractured memories, who awakes inside of a cell in a bizarre research facility where grim human experiments are taking place. With no memory of their reason for being there, players are forced to fight for their survival through a hellish catastrophe while frantically seeking answers to discover the truth behind their identity and unveil the mystery surrounding the horrific true purpose of the complex.
Venture into the Triglav Complex: an abandoned, cold war era, soviet military research base whose original purpose involved developmental weapons. Now, the derelict compound is operating once again with similar intent. A dreadfully dangerous and highly classified chemical weapon known only as Morana has been under design for years, but has become too difficult to control and containment has been breached.
Experience the terrifying possibilities of human experimentation, biological manipulation, and chemical warfare from a first person perspective. The game features many different locations to explore including a disturbing research facility, a dark wilderness, a desolate city, and more. Exploration can be rewarding, but it can also be very unforgiving.
Adapt and use extreme caution with every choice as there are also many different types of enemies who will bring a grisly demise to anyone foolish enough to underestimate them. Military death squads tasked to purge, ghastly mutants hunting to feed, and renegade anarchists attempting to resist are only some of the many hazards that await.
- Lengthy Single-Player Campaign With Over 30 Different Maps & Distinct Scenarios
- 11 Unique Weapons
- Intense & Challenging Combat
- Dozens of Various Monsters, Mutants, & Enemies to Encounter
- Frightening Atmosphere & Storyline
- Haunting Original Soundtrack Created By Artists Christopher McDonough & Steven Wilcer
- Cell Shader Graphical Overlay
Inspired by games such as the STALKER series, the Fallout series, Cry of Fear, Silent Hill, the Metro series, the Left 4 Dead series, Singularity, the Half Life series, Nether, the Dead Space series, the Borderlands series, the Killing Floor series, the Resident Evil series, 7 Days to Die, and many more!
Keywords: FPS, survival, horror, exploration, story-rich, atmospheric, indie, psychological horror.
- OS: Microsoft Windows (32-bit/64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2GHz or AMD Dual-Core 2GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 6000 series, 1GB Video Card (Minimum Shader Model 2.0)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 7 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Additional Notes: May run on systems with lower specs, but with poor performance. Please be aware that the engine can sometimes become unstable when loading so avoid changing tabs or doing too many things at once while the game is loading.