Help The Marine fight and race through various alien environments filled with extraterrestrial technology. Slay mechanical beasts and squishy monsters to earn coins and explore all areas to find valuable gems – use them to upgrade The Marine’s gear, and continue slaying faster.
Code Arcturus is a retro inspired arcade-style action platformer, with aliens, robots, spikes, explosions, and lots of coins. Compete for the fastest times on each level in Speedrun Mode, using all the gear you managed to acquire. Finding levels too easy after getting all upgrades? Try completing each level without any upgrades in Nerfed Mode!
- 16-bit inspired pixel art style, with sprinkles of modern elements
- 12 levels in alien laboratory environments filled with extraterrestrial technology
- 10+ enemies including a challenging final boss, both metal and squishy, dropping lots of shinies when killed
- Gems scattered in levels, some may need to be revisited with improved gear to obtain
- Spend these coins and gems to increase The Marine’s power
- Replay levels and compete for the fastest clear time with Steam leaderboards in Speedrun mode, using all the gear you managed to unlock
- Master each level in Nerfed mode, where all your upgraded gear is taken away, and you are forced to rely on your skills and reflexes
- Various challenges & achievements!
This game can be played and enjoyed as a single playthrough, but it is especially geared towards players who enjoy the competitiveness of speedrunning. Many levels are designed with (sometimes not so obvious) speedrunning tech in mind. Race for those top spots on the leaderboards!
- OS: Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Processor: Core 2 Duo or better
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Storage: 250 MB available space
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Core i3 or better
- Memory: 512 MB RAM