Duncade is the perfect game for when you want to go back to the golden time of arcades but this time a little modernized and made for personal use.
Go through your adventure as the nameless knight who has an addiction to points, who can’t rest until you get to the end to brag about his "HIGHSCORE" all over the world.
(This is how you do lore right?)
ARCADE BUT PERSONALIZED
You would get bored playing the same game over and over again after a while. It works for the masses, but you want to have the best experience for yourself. No need to get bored anymore! After dying your score will turn into a currency used as a way to unlock new items, spells, outfits and a gallery full of everything in the game! Ever wondered how many slimes you’ve destroyed over all those coins you put into the machine? Time for…
After unlocking gallery entries you can use those to unlock details about anything in the game. Here you can view:
- Names of everything (It may sound stupid but they’re actually really thought out).
- Kill count on every monster (and the knight).
- A description of every item, spell, outfit, enemy, and boss.
MAKING RETRO BETTER
Duncade is fully made with the limitations in mind of the older machines. But instead of restricting itself to it, it is used as a guideline to make a refined game.
Shading on the sprites? It uses the color limitations of those machines as a base but is then refined to make it better yet close to its origin.
- OS: Windows 7 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD graphics
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 100 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Only 16:9 resolutions officially supported.