FSX: Steam Edition – Rex 4 Texture Direct Add-On
REX 4 Texture Direct Steam Edition just got enhanced with an additional 2GB of textures!
New: 3D Clouds including unique cloud base structures
New! Updated vibrant sky dawn, day, and dusk textures. Includes improved transitional algorithms during dawn and dusk times, properly balanced terrain light and shadow values.
New! Enhanced sun, corona, glow, flares, and special effects, giving the most realistic renditions of atmospheric conditions. Panning around your aircraft at different angles during beginning or end of day will yield just how dynamic these effects are. Rendered for DX9, DX10, and DX11
New! For the first ever, experience more realistic in-cloud, cloud to cloud, and cloud to ground lightning effects.
REX 4 Texture Direct Enhanced Edition is the latest version of the acclaimed Texture Direct series by flight sim veterans REX Simulations.
Give default airports in FSX: Steam Edition the pay ware-style treatment, from light to heavy use runways, taxiways and pavement markings! Highly detailed textures, including runway textured lighting encasements. Originating from HD source photography, runway tire markings are properly scaled within the simulator creating a more realistic viewpoint. Runways with light or heavy wear… your choice, over 32 to choose from, the highest definition textures with the most fidelity on the market.
- Ability to select and install textures individually and/or create custom ‘themes’ to install a full suite of textures instantly.
- Ability for users to select weather scenarios or enter airport code to have texture themes generated based upon weather conditions.
- New unique types of cloud base structures.
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
- High-level clouds, including Cirrus, Cirrostratus and Cirrocumulus.
- 14 types of lightning: IC, CC and CG.
- Worldwide tropical water classification fix, eliminating most of the core repetitive texture tiling effect. Water boundaries blend much more realistically.
- Ultra-realistic airport environments made from custom, high-definition aerial photography.
- The tire marking build-up is fascinating when using the heavy use runway option. Many types of runway grooving and material selection.
- Spectacular terrain bump-mapping effects, modeled from varied materials. 23 types of runway edge and taxiway lighting, some with simulated ground glow.
- Dirty and soiled runway markings at all airport runways worldwide! No more blown out white marks interfering with your immersion.
- Runway markings now support larger aircraft.
- 28 amazingly detailed taxiways developed from all types of concrete, asphalt and bitumen.
- Runway and taxiway detailed planar bump-map effects.
- Spectacular terrain bump-mapping effects, modelled from different materials.
- Beautiful photo-realistic skies sampled from many locations around the world.
- Properly balanced terrain light and shadow values during dawn and dusk.
- Smoother transitional algorithms during dawn and dusk times.
- Realistic corresponding haze layer values when encountering the proper WX.
- 23 types of runway edge and taxiway lighting, some with simulated ground glow.
- Extremely detailed and enhanced ground rain effect.
- Realistic dirty airport parking and jetway marks.
- Easy to read, enhanced airport signage. Different lighting conditions dictate the range of colors from yellow to orange and red to amber.
- Environment sound effects. Vastly improved in/out cockpit precipitation and thunder sounds.
NOTE: REX 4 Texture Direct Enhanced Edition can be found in the ‘Tools’ section of Steam. You can also tick the ‘Create Desktop Shortcut’ option at installation for ease of access.
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Memory: 2 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features