For centuries, the game of chess has been used to test the tactical prowess of its players, presenting an equal playing field where victory is decided not through brute strength, but cunning strategy. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, this fully featured chess game from Capstone Software has all the tools and features you need to learn and master the game of chess.
Grandmaster Chess pits you against an opponent – powered by the innovative Zarkov A.I. which learns from its mistakes – with five adjustable skill levels from beginner to grandmaster. Build your strategic arsenal between matches by reviewing the Opening Moves Library, which contains hundreds of classical starting positions, or practice against the CPU with the analysis tool enabled to scope out the best move for any scenario. The Grandmaster awaits a worthy challenger…are you up to the task?
- New to chess? No problem! The Teaching Mode will guide you through the basics of Chess and introduce you to more complex strategies. Use Chess Play Ratings to monitor your progress and determine your chess rating.
- Customize the look of the game – in 2D or 3D – to match your mood with eight board surfaces such as marble, glass, and wood, or try out seven different sets of pieces, including monsters, robots, and abstract.
- Let go of your conscious self and act on instinct in the challenging blindfold mode.
- Practice against the computer or go head-to-head against your friend in local competitive two-player mode.
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Pentium 4 or later
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Storage: 38 MB available space
- Additional Notes: This game is powered by DOSBox.