Half-Life: Absolute Zero
IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
Now presenting: Half-Life: Absolute Zero now available early in active development.
- Why release the mod in active development?
We have 4 months left until the October deadline hits and we still haven’t made much progress since the last update. What we’re hoping is that we can get what we have right now in the hands of everyone and work on getting the mod in the best shape by October.
- Approximately how long will this mod be in active development?
Half-Life: Absolute Zero will be releasing on October 12th, 2020
- How is the full version planned to differ from the in-development version?
Right now, the build that is in active development is unfinished and can not be completed from start to finish. However, the finalized build will be playable from start to finish, but there might be exclusions in terms of features and chapters.
- What is the current state of the beta version?
Right now, the current active development build is not playable from start to finish. We plan on pushing out regular updates, ranging from bug fixes and milestone updates that will introduce finished chapters.
- How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
Allowing the community to have an insight into the final months of the modification’s development. Along with making the source code publicly available and allowing for feedback on the project’s development.
Cobalt-57 and Half-Life: Absolute Zero are not affiliated with Valve Corporation or the Half-Life brand. Half-Life: Absolute Zero is a fan-work created by Cobalt-57.
About the Game
Half-Life: Absolute Zero is a fan-made total conversion modification for the award-winning classic: Half-Life. The aim is to re-create the original ideas and plans from Half-Life’s early development with extra polish and care given to them.
- Source Code publicly available, read more here!
- Brings early development concepts from Half-Life back to life!
- A re-imagined Half-Life experience!
- New locations to explore!
- Plenty of options to customize!
- Maps created with J.A.C.K.
- OS: Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/XP/Vista
- Processor: Pentium 166+
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Graphics: 3D Accelerator card
- Sound Card: Win-compatible sound card
- Additional Notes: To run on operating systems lower than Windows 7, you will need the original big box release of Half-Life
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 1 GHz Intel or AMD based processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 32 MB+ video card
- Network: Broadband Internet connection