If It Please the Court
Seduce and surveil as a sexy royal spy! Gather intel, or gamble on love in 18th-century Versailles. Who will catch your eye: a spymistress, a poet, or a traitor to the king?
If It Please the Court is a 242,000 word interactive lesbian romance novel by D.E. Chaudron, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You’ve been recruited from the slums of Paris into the Secret du Roi, Louis XV’s league of covert emissaries and spies. As a spy for the court, you now have the power to change your life–and tip an unstable country toward transformation.
It’s one thing to lie for a living, but your love life demands honesty. And women all over Versailles are ready to lure your heart. Will it be the spymistress with a lifetime of secrets, the poet languishing in the shadow of the queen, or the double agent haunting your every move? No matter who you pursue, you’ll have to survive a rival’s hostile ambitions, and see that the Crown doesn’t crush yours.
Love and loyalty is all that will be left when this house of cards falls. Who will you protect to ensure a better future, and who will you sacrifice? When your mask falls away, will anyone trust the person underneath?
- Play as female or nonbinary, as cis or trans.
- Experience sapphic romance in the 1700s: play as lesbian, bi, and/or asexual.
- Generalize or specialize: hone your senses, master disguise, pen the finest letters, wield a duelist’s blade, and woo with a silver tongue.
- Empower the crown, subvert the king, or betray France to its enemies.
- Reunite your family, expose your father’s past, or sever all ties.
- Take a slow burn path for romance or cut to the chase with seduction.
- Stir a revolution among the citizenry, or fall in with the nobles.
- OS: 7
- OS: 10.9
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04