This is the demo of Malmyr. It contains the first 4 Missions of the main game and a special bonus Mission.
Malmyr is a story based game about building and maintaining production chains. It is meant to be relaxing but challenging. You will have to control where your resources are diverted to and ensure that there are enough workers to fulfill your missions. Don’t be fooled by the simple and stylized look of Malmyr – The game is getting very complex, very fast.
You are sent to the forgotten lands of Malmyr by your King to expand the kingdom’s territory and exploit Malmyr’s precious ore deposits. While doing so you find out about the sinister fate of the Dwarves that once inhabited the continent. You will have to protect the kingdom from suffering the same!
We are two very passionate german devolpers with freshly finished degrees who always wanted to make games. Due to the current circumstances, we decided to take a leap of faith and go for it. While buying this game you should keep that in mind. Malmyr is made with great love for detail and we hope that we can offer unique challenges with each mission, but it cannot offer hundreds of hours of playtime like bigger games with actual funding and a budget can.
While we cannot promise to expand the game’s content and currently have no plans to do so, we will do our best to optimize the game after release and address any issues coming up. Ziegler gamedev has the vision "Making dreams come true". We feel that part of that also is making the best game we can for our players.
- Inspired from games of our past and present – Like The Settlers, Anno and Factorio.
- 12 story based missions – You need to find a good strategy to solve them and handle the hazards thrown at you.
- Unique obstacles and ambience for missions – Each mission was made to give you a different experience: Sometimes more relaxing, sometimes more challenging than the previous one.
- Complex production chains – They will get longer and will need a wider variety of resources to function.
- A different take on resource transportation – You will not just connect buildings with a road, set up a transportation route or build conveyor belts. You will have to manage and optimize each piece of road manually.
- Over 45 different resources – Global resources like coin and food, building resources like wood and bricks and commodities for selling like jewelery.
- A range of over 70 buildings – From woodcutter’s huts, to different mines, foundries and toolsmiths to be able to reach the rarest ores of Malmyr.
- 12 magical dwarven runes – They can be used in two ways: Terraforming your territory or by socketing the runes in excavated ruins for permanent global bonus effects. Socketing certain combinations of runes will be even stronger.
- Runecrafting – Allowing you to combine spare runes and convert them into other runes.
- War – There are no enemies, other than the mission itself, for you to fight.
- Mega-factories – You will not build one huge, ever growing mega-factory. The game is about fulfilling the task at hand: The current mission given to you by the King. If you are done with a mission, you will be sent to a new region and will have to handle a new task.
- Microtransactions – You get the full game by buying Malmyr.
- Static production chains you build and never touch again – You will need to adapt to your current mission. Sometimes this means, that you will have to sell buildings and rebuild them somewhere else.
You will have to think about the game and how to handle a particular mission.
We are offering an ingame wiki, a descriptive video on this steam page and a helping hand in the Steam forums and other social media channels. But in the end YOU are playing the game and YOU should solve the problems thrown at you. Observing the situation and finding your solution will reward you.
Making dreams come true.
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Something around Intel Core i5-7xxx
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or similar
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Sound Card: If you want to hear the great soundtrack you will need one.