"The Baron’s daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can’t handle."
PataNoir is a homage to the classic stories of hard-boiled private investigators with a knack for describing everything with complex similes and metaphors. In PataNoir, you solve problems by manipulating the hard-boiled metaphors used by the main character to make sense of the world in which he lives.
The game is an old-school text adventure, in which you type commands to perform actions.
- An interactive noir mystery to experience and solve
- Innovative interactive fiction gameplay in which the metaphors you live by become tools to solve the mystery
- Simulated book interface
- Atmospheric illustrations by Lauri Ahonen and Tom Siddell
- Original theme song by postmodern rock musician William Steffey
- OS: 7
- Storage: 100 MB available space