Romeo Must Live
About the Game
Verona, 1570 – Romeo Montague has a big problem, he has fallen in love with the beautiful daughter of the noble family that rivals his own. Seeking to find a way that he can secure himself a happy (and hopefully bloodless) ending, he formulates a crazy yet cunning plan that could either lead him to marrying the love of his life or sleeping at the bottom of a lake! It’s on you to make sure that our dear protagonist lives to see his own wedding!
“Romeo Must Live” is a renaissance-period comedy heist Visual Novel and Dating sim. Play as the luckless lothario Romeo Montague as he formulates a mad plan to marry his sweet Juliet without shedding a drop of blood. It is a “reinterpretation” of the famous play “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare where you replace all the blood and tragedy in the eternal bard’s original work for hilarity and madness as you play as the eponymous character and do what crazy antics are necessary to survive one’s way to the altar!
– Beautiful hand drawn characters and backgrounds
– Gorgeous orchestral soundtrack
– A hilarious storyline with wacky yet lovable characters
– All set in Renaissance Europe, how many Visual Novels do that?
– Ten distinct endings. Some absurd and others romantic!
“I don’t think the author has read the original play” – Author’s English Teacher
“Seems heavily based on a Taylor Swift music video” – Author’s sister
“The guy made an entire game wrapped around one Star Wars meme” – Author’s best friend
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Integrated Graphics Chip
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 500 MB available space